Dining COVID safe
We are thrilled to be re-opening and are working hard to make sure that we are implementing measures to make sure that we are ready to keep you safe. While closed, we’ve reviewed all aspects of our operations, adapting existing procedures and finding new ways to do things to ensure keeping you and our staff safe is at the heart of what we do. Some of these you will notice, and other measures are behind the scenes – for instance you may notice some items have been withdrawn from our restaurant. But additional measures are in operation behind the scenes.
Simple measures expected of everyone
We all want to be COVID safe and some simple measures gives reassurance to everyone. Social distancing is paramount. Please consider holding back, giving way and having patience when you are moving in and around the building. Narrow corridors and staircases are bottle necks are obstacles but can be easily overcome with social distancing in mind. Hand washing and hand sanitisation is effective at reducing the transmission. You will find these at the entrances of nearly all venues and whilst you might have used them once, give reassurance to staff and owners you are COVID safe too. In line with updated Government announcements, we will be closing before 10:00pm and kindly ask for all restaurant guests to depart in line with this.
Before setting off
Our hygiene and cleanliness continue to be prioritised everywhere and we have changed a few of the things we do to protect everyone. This might mean that things you’d expect to see might not be here anymore. There might be more time to wait as we work in smaller teams. Our main emphasis here is that we ask you to be kind to the staff as they are adjusting to the new working arrangements in the same way as our guests are finding their feet with the new arrangements too. Most importantly, if you are unwell or have any COVID-19 symptoms, please seek medical attention immediately. If you start feeling unwell when you are here, more information on medical assistance can be found in reception.
We operate a lunchtime menu between 12 and 3 most days which is non reservable. Our evening and Sunday service does require reservation.
Please arrive as near to your dining time as possible. We kindly ask all guests to wait at the door and wait to be shown where to be seated.
Dining COVID safe
- Wearing of a face covering: We kindly ask you to arrive with a face covering. Our customer facing staff will be wearing face coverings too and you are welcome to remove yours once you are settled, seated and comfortable.
- Maximum tables and bubbles of 6: We understanding that eating out can be an exciting event. We have hosted many birthday, anniversary, welcome home, leaving home celebrations and love being your choice of venue for such special occasions. Due to the configuration of the restaurant and to maximise social distancing, we will accept customers to a maximum of 6. Whilst we appreciate that other premises may take parties larger in number, offer split tables across the dining room or similar, our premise is not suitable to re-arrange with the measures we have introduced. We will review this when government guidance changes to revert back to or increase the number of customers we can allow at a table.
- Table service: We would like you to stay at your tables rather than move around the restaurant. There are obviously exceptions to this – of course you can use the facilities. But we are asking guests to refrain from moving around the dining room, for instance looking at the pictures and/or reducing your distance to other customers without good reason.
- Smaller working bubbles: This has a consequence on our offering and can at times lead to longer than usual wait times. As there are less in a working bubble, our menu might be smaller than usual but we still try to ensure we have covered as many categories as possible.
- Sunday carvery is now Sunday roast: We will for the foreseeable future be plating our delicious Sunday roast in our kitchens and bringing it to your table. It is anticipated that this process will replace the Carvery for some time, where previously customers would have served themselves. We will still be cooking our four delicious meats (topside of beef, roast pork, roast turkey and roast gammon) with seven or more seasonal vegetables, homemade gravy and Yorkshires.